Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Michelle Malkin's "Detractors" vs. Amazon.com

I haven't read Michelle Malkin's book Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild. It seems however, that her free-speech advocating reviewers have taken exception to Amazon's removal of their more "negative" critiques. Perhaps they're referring to ones such as the entry that advocated assaulting Malkin and Ann Coulter the next time they show up on a college campus? I don't see that one up anymore. Or perhaps the ones with all the four letter words?

Fortunately, reviews by her detractors that establish their proclivity for rational discourse and civility such as these are still up:
"alas, she's one of that rare breed....a lazy fascist."

"Michelle's psychological problem is caused by the fact that she is a frustrated attack blonde. She had the bad luck to get the wrong genes for the job and so cannot become another Ann Coulter."

"Her hair looks bouncy and shiny and as soft as anything. I'd give anything for my laundry to look that way."

"Malkin's sycophancy and complete lack of originality or wit makes this book undigestible. Maybe she should leave the writing to the big boys?"

"Every time I open one of Malkin's books the foam from this vapid little hate bunny drips all over my boots."

"Malkin's latest effort at typing is another toilet bowl in need of a good flushing and thus connect to the nation's conservative cesspool where the floaters are the usual assortment of fecal punditry, Michael Savage, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingram, Bill O'Reilly, some log-like, some runny."

"if you order it here, you'll avoid the possibility of running into a, um, 'person of color.'"

"basically writes like a teenage schoolgirl who's been spurned by the "In-Crowd".

"Malkin is a disgrace. Skip this vomitous book. Semper Fi"

"The only drawback is that she insists on writing captions instead of just posing for "Gone Wild" pictures."

"It is the most trite, boring, shallow and reactionary piece of crap I've read in a lifetime."

"Perhaps it'll get better on the last ten pages or so, but if I have to constantly stay near the toilet to read this book I'll never get anything done."

"I am going to wait until it comes out on 8-Track. If I was driving, I'd hit it. I'd run over it."

"She should be dismissed as the greedy, racist, and inconsequential "writer" that she is."

"Michelle Malkin stands for dividing this great country into races, and making races that she does not like subjugated to those she does. What's the next step? A final solution perhaps?"
Note from the last entry in my list that it didn't take long for someone to make the Hitler/Nazi comparison. Far from violating basic principles of open discussion, I think Amazon is actually demonstrating great restraint.

It's amusing to me to consider that the above writers undoubtably fail to see the irony of their comments considering the subject of Ms. Malkin's book.

7 Comments:

Blogger Spacemonkey said...

I guess what these commenters are really saying "the truth hurts, wahh"

November 02, 2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

The Medicine Man: Willing to wade through and document left-leaning vitriol so that we don't have to.

Thanks, Dr. Ford. I appreciate it, and I'm sure that others who come this way do too.

November 02, 2005 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ra' cist n Someone winning an argument with a liberal.

November 02, 2005 12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think all these comments on Amazon represent people who actually read the book? I'm betting not. Personally, I don't see why I would want to pay money for what appears to be something I could read on her blog for free. But those who write such negative reviews are unlikely people who were previously neutral towards her.

November 02, 2005 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funniest part is reading some of the 1 start reviewers other reviews. For example, feel free to peruse the other reviews of "captain video".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A38VRS1WMQMALU/ref=cm_cr_auth/102-7610336-1866525?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I detect a pattern.

November 02, 2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger The Medicine Man said...

Dear Anonymous,

I particularly enjoyed Captain Video's review of Ralph Nader's book, "The Good Fight: Declare Your Independence and Close the Democracy Gap".

His key point: "Ralph Nader has exactly the same visual problem as George Bush; he sees everything in terms of black and white and is unable, or at least unwilling, to distinguish between different shades of grey."

This from someone who generally gives 1 star or 5 (depending on political ideology).

John

November 02, 2005 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno about you, but I find myself strangely charmed by phrases like "vapid little hate bunny."

Joel Rosenberg
(not really anonymous; I just don't have a relevant "identity")

November 03, 2005 2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home