Friday, December 28, 2007

Seven Health Myths Even Doctors Get Wrong

Here's an amusing article from Newsweek on seven health myths that even physicians continue to believe. Only one of them fooled me but they are interesting.

I remember thinking as a kid that the statement "You only use ten percent of your brain," had to be wrong. My reasoning was that I couldn't imagine a way to even quantify such a nebulous assertion. I was an empiricist at an early age!

Also as a child, I knew that the stories about strangers tainting Halloween candy had to be BS. Of course I never minded that my parents wouldn't allow us to eat unpackaged candy or fruit. I guess my strength of conviction wasn't absolute.

As for the one that fooled me: Health professionals. Admit it, you still think that reading in dim light ruins your vision don't you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home