Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Notice To Would-Be Advertisers On My Comment Areas

In the past, I've had automated programs insert advertisements in my comment areas. Blogger comment authentication software has been fairly successful at eliminating that.

Recently however, I've noticed a fair number of comments to my posts that add nothing substantive to the discussion. Rather, they are instead mere excuses to insert a link to a commercial website. They have an outward facade of contributing but in fact do not. Just to let commenters of that ilk know, I summarily remove them and I would urge all bloggers to do the same at their blogs.

On the other hand, I have no problem with a commenter that does choose to add to the discussion yet "happens" to insert a commercial link. I don't remove such comments. I'm not anti-commercial, I'm just anti-wasting-everyone's-time-for-the-sake-of-an-advertisement.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home