Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Regarding Tundra Medicine Dreams

I'm definitely behind the eight ball on this one as everyone seems to have discovered Tundra Medicine Dreams but me. Oh well, better late than never.

I have read extensively from the blog of this southwest Alaskan-based physician assistant. She is a incredibly authentic writer and has an amazing story to tell. Her descriptions of "tundra medicine" and her beautiful, evocative photographs are captivating. She writes about a lifestyle and a manner of healthcare delivery that for most of us is as foreign and remote as the country doc of the turn of the twentieth century. There is romance and caring and personality in her writing that I haven't seen in many blogs. I am grateful for that.

For this reason, I've put her on my blogroll as someone I'll be reading frequently and of whom I encourage others to do the same.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep--that is a great blog.

October 24, 2006 5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boooyah. She is the best writer everrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 24, 2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger The Tundra PA said...

Dr. Ford,

I came upon your blog through Grand Rounds, and was stunned and amazed to find this post. I am deeply touched by your words. Thank you.

And thanks to the two previous commenters as well--

October 25, 2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home