Monday, May 26, 2008

Google Commemorates Memorial Day

Google generally makes special holiday modifications to their homepage logo. Here's Google's celebratory logo for Memorial Day:

What kind of statement are they making here? It seems that I'm far from the only one who's noticed the extent to which they honor the deaths of our nation's fallen warriors; the same dead who gave Google the ability to freely gather and disseminate information in a free society.

Google may be ignoring this day but at 10:30AM, my 5-year-old daughter, my wife, and I will be at the Los Angeles National Cemetery where we go every year...to remember.


Update:
In case anyone wants to send a message to Google telling them how they feel about this, here's how. My message to them:

"One of the ways I'll be celebrating Memorial Day is by not accessing your website for a week.

"Maybe next year you'll consider the pernicious effect of your decision to pointedly ignore one the United States' most solemn days."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Boondoc said...

You might be interested in my post about Memorial Day too. There have been a few since then, however. Check it: mdoncall.blogspot.com

June 03, 2008 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home