Sunday, December 02, 2007

Recollections from an Old Blog Post

A few years ago, I wrote about my response to an email I received from a patient. She was experiencing chronic pain yet her doctors were unable to diagnose her illness. I detailed the thoughts her email engendered in me. That post generated a great deal of email from many patients. Recently, a similar patient commented on that post anonymously.

If you're reading this, I just want to let you know that I read your comment and was just as affected by it as by the others I received. Good luck in your quest for health, relief, hopefully one day a cure!

John

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

I thank you again for your aknolwedgement of this issue, and as I stated before, it is simply nice to see that someone in the medical community does understand and has some level of compassion for those who are suffering.

It is a terrible thing that all of the drug seekers in this country have made it nearly impossible for individuals such as myself to recieve the proper care for fear on the doctors part.

Thank You again.

December 13, 2007 2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

Just an update, I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia Syndrome and have begun therapy for this disease. I have been doing Yoga, Accupresure, Accupuncture, Chiropractic as well as taking a daily dose of Lyrica. This has been a miracle in my life.

The pain levels have decreased drastically and thanks to a doctor who was willing to listen to me and not view me as a mental patient whom is addicted to pain meds, I have finally found a reason and a therapy for my pain. The pain is still ever present and as the weather changes or as my stress level rises, I still have flareups that require pain meds, however not on nearly the same level as before.

I just hope that there is a doctor out there for each of the individuals that have been effected by the original post as well as that each individual can be viewed as a patient in need versus a number or an addict.

I thank you for your support via Blogs and that you paid special attention to each person that has responded. In a world of pain, you don't know how much it means to be aknowledged by anyone.

Thank You Sincerely

March 18, 2008 2:39 PM  
Blogger The Medicine Man said...

Dear Anonymous,

Congratulations!

John

March 21, 2008 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home