Monday, May 30, 2005

Regarding my financial disclosures

I touched a nerve of one of my anonymous commenters on my less than stellar review of Cyberonics' surgical approach to treating depression:
"Whatever the side effects, they are much better than cancer causing drug cocktails that Drs so easily prescribe. You are probably a paid operative of the drug companies."
Without addressing the relative merits of implantable vagus nerve stimulators and cancer-causing drug cocktails, I would like to address the issue of my financial conflicts of interest. I'm only a "paid operative" of the International Iridology Practitioners Association and the Association & Register Of Colon Hydrotherapists.

So if you find me touting the iris as a window to one's inner health as well as the virtues of high colonics, you'll be able to put it in perspective.

I'm currently attempting to forge an alliance with the governing body of iridology's sister science, sclerology. I'll keep you posted.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonsense. There was nothing wrong with your criticisms. That FDA decision was weird. For all you know, anonymous is a Cyberonics sales rep. (BTW, which anti-depressants cause cancer?)

Anyway, I've got to run for a meeting of Cranio-Sacral therapists (and shareholders) now. In the afternoon, we'll be curing the following:

# Colic
# Autism
# Central Nervous System Disorders
# Orthopedic Problems
# Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
# Scoliosis
# Infantile Disorders
# Learning Disabilities
# Chronic Fatigue
# Emotional Difficulties
# Stress and Tension-Related Problems
# Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
# Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
# Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
# Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
# Post-Surgical Dysfunction

May 30, 2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger The Medicine Man said...

Congratulations MD,

You're clearly on the cutting edge!

John

May 30, 2005 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home